Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Magic, Witchcraft and Healing 195 House Republicans Voted Against Birth Control Protections

• Creator
    Discussion
  • #390885 Reply

195 House Republicans Voted Against Birth Control Protections

• 195 House Republicans Voted Against Birth Control Protections

• Seraphynas

July 26, 2022 at 1:17 pm

Only 157 voted against the Respect for Marriage Act.

It seems that the Republican Party is more split on marriage equality, but essentially unified in their quest to control women’s bodies.

• Agreeable-Tadpole461

This is just wild that so many voted against this. I don’t think that many Republicans could possibly feel that women shouldn’t have a right to birth control, they’re just stuck in this dangerous process of voting against anything the opposite side proposes, regardless of what their constituents actually want. It’s a path to the Balkanization of the U.S. Good-bye progress.

• spookyhellkitten

This blew my mind. I expected the marriage equality vote to be close, I always expect bigotry when it comes to marriage equality. But for some reason I truly expected more when it came to something that seems so fucking simple, something so medically sound and easy as *birth control* — especially when they already stripped abortion away from us.

• Chemical-Charity-644

Why? Just, why? I’m just numb at this point. It’s one thing to want to preserve what to some is “life”. I don’t agree, but I understand. This however is just blatant woman hate. This is just one big middle finger to anyone with a functioning uterus.

• Brainy_Gal

The Dems need to start running attack ads on this. Now. In every single red district, even ones supposedly “safe”. All but 8 rethuglicans voted against this. I mean this is like an 80/20 issue right, with the 20 being the “sl*ts just need to keep their legs closed” crowd.

What kind of alternate/mirror universe did I just materialize in? I just can’t even at this point.

• ZipoBibrok5x108

110 days to the next election.

Check your voter registration. Make sure you haven’t been “purged” from the rolls.

• Expert-Realistic

If all of this dies in the senate, the GOP can almost guarantee the midterms won’t be in their favor.

• Recent_Bite3653

They hide behind “it should be up to the state” but we all know that’s a dog whistle

• Lady-Seashell-Bikini

I’m so confused with men. Do they want sex or not? Women having access to abortion and birth control means that men are also less likely to become fathers when they don’t want to.

What do men WANT?

• CrochetTeaBee

Wait so is birth control codified? Or not?

• Born-Ad4452

Of course they did.

Reply to: SnooLobsters7440
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now