Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Astrology Newspaper comic from 1944

• Newspaper comic from 1944

Itchy_Plant_2020 updated 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • RCDeschene88

November 25, 2022 at 2:59 pm

The problem with things like Astrology is that it’s perceived effects appeal to concepts such as the supernatural, which has no properly demonstrated phenomina to it. Like all other instances of spiritual/ metaphysical assertion, such phenomina is coincidental at best and usually have alternative, more natural explanations. Astrology struggles to produce evidence for itself outside of anecdotes and magical thinking.

This is why I’m a “Secular Astrologer”, I see meaningful coincidences in human behavior that I can connect with in such an archetypal way while still recognizing that it’s purely psychologically subjective on my part. I’m not convinced that the stars and planets have a direct effect on us, but I do find the idea useful for inspirational mindfulness.

• Individual_Giraffe_8

Anything that achieves the exact same result done any number of times is science. When astrology can do that, it can be considered science as well.

• Tranquille-Taurean

This reminds me how the 3 guys I crushed the hardest all on in HS were fire signs (two share the same birthday). I have Aries venus. One sibling has a water venus, all the 3 they dated were water signs. *Another* sibling is an air venus, all the ones they dated were air signs. Two cousins who always reminded me of each other in the way they behaved and I immensely enjoyed their pleasant energy are Virgos. Many of the top Disney animators have been Aries. And on and on. In short, anyone who tells me there’s no order in the universe I will not take them seriously

Comic got a chuckle out of me!

Reply to: Itchy_Plant_2020
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now