Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Tarot Tarot Variations: Hermit • The Hermit was my card of 2020. In honor of that I inked this woodcut style piece as a way of crystallizing the insights of last year. It is based on traditional Hermit symbolism with a slight twist. Would love to hear your thoughts!

• Creator
    Discussion
  • #15409 Reply

Jessica
    Participant

Tarot Variations: Hermit • The Hermit was my card of 2020. In honor of that I inked this woodcut style piece as a way of crystallizing the insights of last year. It is based on traditional Hermit symbolism with a slight twist. Would love to hear your thoughts!

• Tarot Variations: Hermit • The Hermit was my card of 2020. In honor of that I inked this woodcut style piece as a way of crystallizing the insights of last year. It is based on traditional Hermit symbolism with a slight twist. Would love to hear your thoughts!

BallsacMagee updated 3 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 11 Replies
  • MageCats

February 8, 2021 at 5:58 am

This is gorgeous. I love the new addition of the “gift” you found in your 2020 journey 😀

• FullMoonRougarou

Very cool! You should sell prints!

• simm24

Beautiful! I am still new to tarot and the deeper meanings to the cards but this has to be the most stunning artwork i have seen. Woww!!! ❤️✨????

• patitacakess

Incredible talent, I love it!

• novakane27

dude i love it more than anything

• allyallyallyoxenfree

Bad ass, I love the humility in his presentation of the lantern. As his inner light speaks for itself. As within so without.

• alexapuppy

Gorgeous!!

• Quejiu

Wowwowwowwowwow this got me fully in awe! Super sharp, clean, calm and focused art combined with a thoughtful self- interpretation! Love your style!

• Persephone_22

This is amazing, I think if you would make a deck (or only major arcana) people would love it. I’ve seen a lot of tarot art and many are fluff without deeper thought. It is very interesting how you drew this card. Love it

• RamenNewdles

What’s your inspiration for the changes you made?

• BallsacMagee

Compared to Rider Waite| The eyelid is too big, representing a young gregarious false enlightened shallow luciferian stoner type who barely has his eye closed as he is distracted by attention for show, rather than a wise deep and ancient holy man who is spent seasoned and humble and need not put on the false pretense of bliss to hide his lack of accomplishment. The eye should be more subdued and sunk rather than in showy false peace sin, which always gets in the way of any real work of actual rather than imagined success; a sure rather than flimsy foundation, brick rather than straw.

I look forward to this modern house of cards to fall in its deaf hubris against the wizened.

The mistake is thinking one has all the time in the world to accomplish one’s task; one has ONE chance to set it right. The first step determines the last (and the destination of uppity pissant whores is the dumpster of hell, plainly, as the careless dodos are muted hereafter and forever).

Reply to: Jessica
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now