Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Magic, Witchcraft and Healing Weekly Q&A Thread – December 25, 2021

• Creator
    Discussion
  • #294826 Reply

Beginners and users new to reddit — please post your questions here!

Please be mindful and respectful of each other. This thread is designed to assist new practitioners in gaining knowledge to progress their craft, and a place for veterans to spread their knowledge.

Also check out the [r/witchcraft FAQ](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/wiki/faq).

• Weekly Q&A Thread – December 25, 2021

• Bugazug

December 31, 2021 at 12:42 am

I made a post but it didn’t gain any traction so I’m going to try again here, What does a red fox mean in dreams? This is really important to me because this fox needs me to know something that’s both important and worrisome to it.

For context I don’t usually dream, I had bad nightmares as a kid and learned to control my dreams just enough that I don’t have them. When I do dream, it’s usually something important. Additional context, I’m a truck driver.

With that out of the way I had a very vivid dream last night I need help understanding. I was driving my truck down on of the quieter roads, there were pine trees on either side. The road itself was clear, but there was definitely snow pack on either side. In front of my truck there was a red fox it was facing the direction I was headed, but it had it’s head turned to look back at me. It’s eyes were wide like it was nervous, or warning me about something. Then it turned and ran up the road ahead of me and the dream when dark.

I know normally foxes are the tricksters, but this one didn’t seem tricky or mischievous, it was telling me something. Any help understanding this would be much appreciated

• longhouse_cat

I’m a witch of three months and going strong. Wasn’t sure if this warrants being a stand-alone post, so here I comment. This concerns a dream I recently had about being on a bus. I was riding my favourite model of bus across a bridge along water on a sunny day. It wasn’t just any operator though; I remembered distinctly the bus in my dream was operated by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), the public transport for Boston. I never been to Boston or the northeast U.S. for that matter, but I do see pics of their buses regularly in a fan group that I’m part of.

I woke up and immediately hypothesized this had something to do with Salem MA where the witch trials happened. I’ve had dreams about being on buses before, but those dreams took place in Sāmoa, and I was able to decipher their meaning just fine. This time, I thought I was nuts for thinking that Salem had something to do with my ride on a Boston bus in the dreamverse. Today, I decided to revisit the issue by examining a map of the areas MBTA serves. To my surprise, not only is Salem apparently part of the Boston Metro, but it’s served by several MBTA routes and a commuter train. So now I’m trying to figure out two things. 1) Why did I dream about being on a MBTA bus? And 2) How the heck did I go from dream to thinking it had to do with Salem (and subsequently learning that my hypothesis at least had some investigative promise)? Any questions or insights would be gladly appreciated. BB.

• littleargent

What could I add to lavender bubble bath to create a self love ritual bath?
    Google….is giving me so many answers, I thought I’d ask here from more experienced witches.

• Charming_Plankton

Hi, everyone! So, my brother has recently had been in a somewhat dark place. He was doing well, but then after sharing some of his new things he achieved with friends, it went somewhat sour. He believe it might be out of jealousy. I mentioned doing a protection spell or a success spell for him and he’s into it. So now comes the thing, I haven’t actually ever done much, mostly have just done tarot (though not very good at it yet).

I want us to buy some crystals and make some sort of a little altar next to his home office, so he can feel protected and attract good things. I’ve seen some green crystals are good for luck and black tourmaline to avoid jealousy. I’d also probably get a clear quartz to amplify the energy He also searched a bit and found that elephants statues are seeing as a symbol of protection as well, according to Hindi belief.

Any tips for making this little altar? I’d buy and cleanse and charge crystals as needed. What else could we put in it to really enhance the thoughts? He has a f1 car toy and he asked if it’s possible to charge too, as he likes it very much and it’s always close in his table. I thought it was a good idea as the car could have the imagery of good things coming fast towards him, but Idk how to proceed here. Any tips/advice will be welcomed, thank you very much 🙂

Also, if you guys have any tips for an altar setting that’s discreet so people won’t see and perhaps send bad energy, idk if it’s a thing, but my brother has to be on webcam a lot, so people are constantly looking at him and his surroundings.

• Independent-Ship-484

Hi, I have a friend who has been unwell recently and required two emergency surgeries. Then, her partner got into a serious car accident. They are taking care of the mundane aspects (medical needs, insurance, etc). My friend has asked for me to do a protection spell and I’ve adapted it to banish the negative energies too.

I cast my circle, invoked my goddess as well as the Moon and the Elements and performed my spell. I felt that putting on some upbeat music and dancing to raise energy was a good idea, and then calming music to meditate / do a little yoga.

My white and red candle have started rave dancing themselves now. I’ve read that this could mean that the energy has been recieved for the spell or that a spirit has arrived. I’m open to any guidance as to what this could be. I have anointed the candles with protective pil and a dash of salt. I can’t feel a breeze.

• EntertainmentOk5689

How I despose of the leftovers of a return to sender spell???

• Remarkable-Regret-72

I usually ask for St. Expedite’s assistance with financial matters and he delivers the request in the complete amount. There’s this lot I own that my uncle bought from me but he has not yet paid in full. It’s supposed to be $10k worth for him to pay everything but he just gave half because of the struggles we are experiencing with covid and this recent typhoon that affected our part of the archipelago. No electricity and signal for a week on their end. I have seen some witches in YouTube say you give them an offering after St. Expedite accomplishes the whole request. Now my father’s sister just texted me that they’re sending some cash from my father’s social security insurance burial money (he died from covid a few months) ago. I wasn’t expecting it. However, the amount is so small. I still appreciate it. The other half of my uncle’s payment I still do not know when he will send it.

Should I give St. Expedite the thanksgiving offering already or should I wait for the request to be completed?

• Agile-Valuable-9121

Hi ! I am wanting to get into witchcraft but don’t know where to start. Witchcraft and what I personally think it is about has helped me open my eyes to taking control of my life and self love. I would love some advice on : what materials I need, what books I can use, what is and isn’t a closed practise, the do’s and dont’s etc. Please help an enby out ! ![gif](emote|free_emotes_pack|thumbs_up)

• runningwildny

Hi! New accepting of her abilities witch. That feels strange to write.

Are there any physical signs of a natural witch that I can increase my belief from?

I feel as though I have altered events by speaking (ie lying at some points and them happening like When I was child saying I’m sick, don’t want to go to school and my mother took me to the doctor and boom strep throat.) them into creation. My grandmother passed recently and came to me in a very realistic dream where I could smell her and I learned details that my mother confirmed true.
    I’ve had dreams predict the future and very often I’ve had deja vous (less since having a child 2 years ago.)

My mother says we have power though she’s never explored any path. For her it’s more power of will.

I feel energies and am a deep empath. Have always been obsessed with rain, clouds, and the moon. Also with death….but like in a lighthearted way.

I’m very lucky in big things but have weird minor inconveniences happen all my life. Ie: got the guy I wanted who has crazy good luck, got the house I wanted, got a very stable and great job. But then random things like at a club a drink will be thrown from further away and I’m the one that gets fully soaked, I get hurt in some small way that is not due to clumsiness (to a point my husband says “why is it always you?”, doors opening as I walk by with a drink in my hand, etc.

I can see a little with my eyes closed. Reading the beginners article and testing out the energy ball made me realize that what I see when my eyes are closed I think are energies. I am comfortable walking in the dark. In fact I prefer low light and dislike direct sun in most cases.

Basically, I have decided to accept that these are attributed to a natural ability as I’ve had them all my life. I trust my intuition as it has served me very very well. However I feel connected to an unknown familial line of witches and I was curious what markers are known to frequent natural witches that I can use to strengthen my belief in what I have felt all these years.

• Mermaid138

Hi! I’m brand new to the witchy works but I have been using white sage to cleanse and crystals of various types to bring good energy for a while now!

My question is should you use white sage to cleanse your wedding rings? Like if you’ve had an argument or things have just been hard can you cleanse them by burning the sage to rid the negative but keep the good energy associated with your journey together?

• kirkebrenning

I have been practicing for almost 7 years (UK) and have avoided using white sage as I know it’s an endangered plant and a closed practice, but my boyfriend’s parents just gifted me some white sage incense for Christmas. It said it’s made in India so Idek if it actually has real white sage in it but i still don’t feel comfortable using it and im not sure what to do with it. Im not going to throw it out because that feels even worse that using it to me, so any experienced/indigenous voices and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you 🙂

• Vexx1594

I’d like to know how to perform a cord cutting ritual. My ex best friend is literally haunting my thoughts

• Witcher4711

When or how did you discover the existence or your connection to witchcraft?

• malice_walk3r

How can I do a love spell with just a big red candle

• veshtica

My boyfriend is leaving for six months abroad. Both of us are very sad about this because our love language is touch and due to the pandemic it will be too risky (and also costly) for me to visit him more than once. What rituals can you guys recommend for a long distance relationship? Something to keep our bond strong and our minds clear of doubts? Preferably something that he can do with me but will also be simple since he has never done anything witchy before but would like to participate with me.

Page 1 of 4
Reply to: AutoModerator
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now