Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Magic, Witchcraft and Healing Weekly Q&A Thread – July 15, 2023

• Creator
    Discussion
  • #529734 Reply

Beginners and users new to reddit — please post your questions here!

Please be mindful and respectful of each other. This thread is designed to assist new practitioners in gaining knowledge to progress their craft, and a place for veterans to spread their knowledge.

Also check out the [r/witchcraft FAQ](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/wiki/faq).

• Weekly Q&A Thread – July 15, 2023

• KAG_L86

July 21, 2023 at 11:15 am

Hi, i know this must sound really dumb but i am really new to witchcraft: how many times do we reborn and if it’s ends what will happens to our soul afterward?. i just read an articles that said we keep reincarnating until we pay for all our bad karma but it didn’t said what will happen afterward. so can someone please explain what will happen after we pay for all our bad karma and is our reincarnation have an average like 80 times?

(english isn’t my native language so sorry for grammar mistakes)

• trashpandac0llective

Beginner witch with a question for advanced practitioners:

Part of what got me started in the work was needing extra protection when my space began to be disrupted by spirits around the time one specific (seemingly friendly) spirit began making her presence known.

The “friendly” spirit has been around for a little over a year and attached herself to me without my knowledge or consent. I was coexisting with that okay because I liked her and actually enjoyed being able to communicate more directly, even though it bugged me that she’d done it.

Long story short, it’s recently become apparent that she’s increasingly hostile and malicious towards me and has even taken to impersonating my deities to try to mislead or harm me. I’ve also recently been made aware that she’s been here with ulterior motives from the beginning. I need to break the attachment, but I have no idea how to go about it.

I’ve asked my patrons/guides for assistance, but their answer is pretty consistently, “We can help, but there are things you have to do yourself or she’s sticking around. We can’t do all of it.”

Any advice?

• Icy-Magazine9149

I’ve never made moon water before and wanted to make some for the new moon. Is the best time to make it tonight or tomorrow night?

• mehturtle

Hi there! Not quite a baby witch, more like a rusty preschool witch. Have been a little out of practice this year, so last week I started some candle rituals.

TL;DR — I’m convinced I am in the presence of a spirit that I’ve been referring to as my guide, and I’m not quite sure what to do next. So far I’ve only been “thanking” this spirit with gratitude candles, but I don’t know who they are, what their name is, where they’re from, etc. It’s been a mostly comforting feeling knowing that the spirit is around and I believe it’s here to help me, so, now what? I’m never quite understood how people know who the deities helping them are, and don’t know what kind of spirit this is either. Advice please?

P/S — any candle magic books to recommend? I read one yeaaaars ago but can’t remember who wrote it or where it is 😅

• Kissa_Velho

Quick question about something basic as Google gives me conflicting information.

Evil eye bracelets and charms!
    So I was experiencing some serious evil eye negativity from a person. Bought a few charms to include a bracelet as well as am intending to do a few spells for protection and ending the negativity.

The bracelet is just a touch too big and I would like to cut and shorten it and use the two leftover beads as earrings.

Some say breaking an evil eye bracelet means that it’s protection is used up.
    So can I cut and recreate? Should I do a protection amulet spell afterwards? Or does modification=nullification?

• Paradoxbuilder

My post was denied due to Rule 1. I’m not certain what the exact infraction was, so I’m posting here asking for insights and advice. I’m new to this.

A little background – hard science atheist upbringing, had many spiritual experiences that made me believe. Now I believe in the Divine, exploring awakening and letting go of Self. (if you really want to know more you can check my post history)

I chanced across a section on casting spells in Daniel Ingram’s MCTB. He comes from a Buddhist background, but the actual descriptions are similar to what I’ve read in Gnostic/Golden Dawn/other traditions. (I believe all Gods are one) So I cleansed myself, made sure that what I wanted was for the greatest good of all, and went with it.

One spell was to cure a nasal condition. It seems to be working, but the Divine voice whispered to me and said it needs more wonder. (that same voice led me to post here) I also felt guided to actually cast in the first place. (I guess a little part of me is still…spellcraft? Like in D and D?)

The other was to find a publisher for some books I wrote. I felt intense energies and saw visions while casting, it was as if the spell was ready to break free.

I welcome any insights and advice. This is new to me in some sense, but even though I still believe in the scientific paradigm (electricity is good!) I acknowledge and honor the existence of supernatural phenomena.

• 1980CC

What first steps would you reccommend to someone whose a complete beginner, like just starting out today?

• [deleted]

[deleted]

• Knghnx

Hello! I have questions about Moonwater. For whitch rituals or spells can I juse it? And whats the point of drinking it in a tea or use it for cleaning or in a diffusor? I heard of it but idk what effect that has

• PsychedelicGoat42

I’m new to the craft, and I’m trying to learn how to make my own spells.

Does anyone have any suggestions on books that list the magikal properties of specific herbs, gemstones/crystals, oils, woods, metals, incenses, etc.?

• Professional-Door954

hi! just wondering if anyone has a spell to get someone fired? i want to protect myself and my karma, but i have a coworker who is making everyone miserable and is being really disrespectful and undermining authority. the managers haven’t done anything about it, so wondering if there’s something i can do (with no harm to myself). thanks

• Commercial-Gold6506

hey i’m having trouble with bringing people back from the dead into my head it happens a lot. . and also with people from the past and trying to get parts of my brain back. also with sports, people go through the, ufc fights soccer games and football games. also, i hear people dying in the background. many people listen you can hear all the things happen. i don’t know if i’ve been sending people to a virtual heaven or not but serious enquiry…

• MikeGrimey23

I believe I had my drink laced by this female who I barely knew.. anyway I passed out and when I woke up she was on top of me but I couldn’t really see her it was like it was like I could on see her aura .. the next morning I was hearing her voice and shit got weird quick , can someone help me out about what that means?

• tasjaa17

I feel kinda silly asking this but if you buy a spelled ritual oil or any pre-spelled things, do we just use it? Do we need to put our own intention in it? How would this situation work? I started witchcraft when I was not working and had lots of time to explore… now that I am working and have less free time available I was wondering if buying spelled/pre packaged ritual oils would be a good alternative for me. Thank you 😊

• Rover-the-cat

Hi everyone! I’m totally fresh to the craft, although I do have a mentor who is helping me learn. Do you guys have any recommendations for books to read for rituals, correspondence, and readings?

Page 1 of 2
Reply to: AutoModerator
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now