Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Magic, Witchcraft and Healing Weekly Q&A Thread – September 02, 2023

• Creator
    Discussion
  • #548374 Reply

Beginners and users new to reddit — please post your questions here!

Please be mindful and respectful of each other. This thread is designed to assist new practitioners in gaining knowledge to progress their craft, and a place for veterans to spread their knowledge.

Also check out the r/witchcraft FAQ.

• Weekly Q&A Thread – September 02, 2023

• thtonechik

September 6, 2023 at 8:34 pm

I have lots of owls and hawks in my neighborhood, and I’ve said hello to a couple of the owls sitting on my roof before. Today, I found a smaller bird carcass very clearly left on the fence on my patio, near the front door. Is this a sign of something? A gift? I’d like to leave a gift or offering back for them, however I’m not sure what to leave for birds of prey other than generic birdseed. Any advice from someone more experienced in birds?

Edit: I have pictures, but didn’t want to post them in case it breaks a rule.

• Twisted_Wicket

I’d recommend getting a book om herbal correspondences such as Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs.

• zero-the_warrior

what is a psychic vampire?

• Twisted_Wicket

It’s most likely left there to age a bit. Smaller birds of prey like American Kestrels, shrikes and a few others do this.

• Neveryn_VA

Hey, So i’ve been trying to make a post but the moderators keep taking it down because they think i’m asking for a spell? Which I am not, I was making a post asking about a skinned bird my friend found on her porch, It was fully skinned with it’s head shoved into the body and I was wondering what people thought. I think someone is trying to hex her as the bird looks VERY un natural. No predator did this

• BorderDry9467

I have a mint plant that I let get very overgrown(it was outside all summer and I was going through a strong depressive spell this past year moving back to my childhood home, many of my houseplants that I had for YEARS I just gave up on:( and I’m surprised this mint has made it honestly). I just pruned her all the way back because she was very leggy I plan to use some of her fresh and dry the rest, but I have all of these stems. I feel guilty throwing them away she took much time and energy to grow them, but what should I do with them? Do you have any spell suggestions that call for mint stems? Or a suggestion on grinding it up as ground mint possibly?

• Onyxdroplet

Hi to all reading this!😊 I am looking for some **Money** Spells or Rituals, whether it’s attracting or manifesting or even something for finding a new job? (I have to work from home I live in the country and currently do not have a vehicle or access to one even sadly so I am v. limited) But I also am just sorta getting back into spellwork after a long break well more like a couple years due to life issues, BUT so atm I have limited ingredients/resources/items so I’m looking for some that don’t involve complicated ingredients or things you typically do not have around the house. I have some dried herbs like basil, cinnamon and bay leafs but that’s about it but I do have a couple essential oils like Lavender, Peppermint, Lemongrass, & Eucalyptus. I have some salt and olive oil too. I have a few candles. But also any recommendations of what I could do since I don’t have an alter again yet? And what do you make sure you do before preforming any spells and rituals? Like your “must dos” or “must haves”? Thank you for any and everything! I hope the day is kind to you all and sorry for the longer post! 💛🫶🏻🧚‍♀️✨

• what-thefuck-richard

Anyone have any tips or tricks working with Roman pantheon? Specifically Venus/Mars/Luna/Vesta

• [deleted]

[removed]

• hipsterflavored

What the heck do I do with the food type offerings on my altar? I’m so new to all this and I’m quite lost lol

• BonySkullSocks

Okay, I’m sort of new but not really to the wide world of witchcraft. Didn’t really seriously start using spells or spell services until I was in my mid 30’s.

I recently went on Esty and saw people advertising some insane things. Portals to connect with vampire spirits, werewolf transformation spells, to say the least,…are these spells real? Also, have these people no fear? Why would I want to connect with a vampire? Isn’t that like asking for trouble? I feel almost flabbergasted by what I saw…

• No-Meeting2726

A sparrow tried to enter my room, two times. Anything similar happen to you or any insight on what this could mean?

On a (I think) positive note, a sparrow tried to fly into my room, two times in the span of 5-6 minutes.

No idea what it could possibly mean, right? Just a regular girl here. So yeah, I googled it.

Somethings popped up about birds in general flying into homes that symbolized death (lots of health issues in my family as of late) but also, a few days before (I get chills thinking about it) I performed a love spell.

On the 30th of August, for the big beautiful blue moon. Aphrodite was mentioned in my home made spell. So now, I’m confused. What could it mean? Both would kind of make sense, I guess. If it even means anything…

But here’s the thing, the bird was freakin calm the second time, it looked at me for about 15 seconds before leaving, I mean why would it even come again in the first place? Then first time it seemed to wonder if it had enough space or if the place was, I don’t know, safe?

It did seem wary and cautious but not the second time. It came back confidently and found a spot to stand on, then looked straight at me from its left eye. The flew away like a pro. I felt super giddy and honestly this has never happened to me.

I just hope it’s a good omen, you know? I personally want it to mean Aphrodite heard me but it could also mean something else, or just nothing…

Anybody else had something similar happen or some insight on what this could mean? Sort of holding my breath here haha

• [deleted]

[deleted]

• KingMonster-Ely

Im quite new to witchcraft but tried to study as much as I can because Im good at that but one problem I keep on encountering is that people on the internet say you “need” a deity to do anything and I don’t really have one, Ive been “talking” to something (saying thanks for the incredible life I have or asking what to do in a situation and stuff like that) but I don’t really know what it is because it never really answers in a way that gives out enough info. My question now is: can I ask it to bless certain stuff without knowing its identity or is that against some unwritten (or written) rule?
    Sorry if the question is stupid, Im really new to this stuff and need help

Reply to: AutoModerator
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now