Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Magic, Witchcraft and Healing Weekly Beginner Q&A Thread – June 25, 2022

• Creator
    Discussion
  • #379731 Reply

Beginners and users new to reddit — please post your questions here!

Please be mindful and respectful of each other. This thread is designed to assist new practitioners in gaining knowledge to progress their craft, and a place for veterans to spread their knowledge.

Also check out the [r/witchcraft FAQ](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/wiki/faq).

• Weekly Beginner Q&A Thread – June 25, 2022

• nikki_travis

June 30, 2022 at 5:43 am

Hey y’all! I’ve recently gotten into rock tumbling and I have been unsure what to do with the rocks I’ve tumbled. I wanted to post here and see if there would be any sort of interest from the community for the rocks I’ve collected and tumbled. Rocks hold energy and while they can be cleansed, I was wanting to know if there would be any sort of demand for rocks that are guaranteed to be cruelty free since I am collecting them myself. I live in Alabama so most of what I have collected are carnelian agate, chalcedony, calcite, jasper, and just about any type of quartz you can think of. If there’s no interest, I’ll probably just fill my garden with them but if there is an interest I have been thinking of selling them or just shipping them for cost of shipping. What do you guys think?

• Jazzywazzy822

I’m very interest in witchcraft but don’t know where to start

I would just like some suggestions on where would be a good place to start. Here are some things I’m interested in terms of witchcraft: solitary practice, Crystals, green witchcraft, hedge witchcraft, tarot, and I would like to be able to redirect bad energy/perform hexes (within reason if that makes sense). Is there also a certain kind of witchcraft required to break curses/hexes? Thank you in advance

• Positive_Historian68

what books/resources do y’all recommend for beginners? I don’t really trust a lot of the people I see on tiktok and was just wondering.

• Saturn_winter

Well, I’ve exhausted my googling capabilities so now I need to turn to reddit.

About a year ago I stumbled across a (witchy) podcast and I foolishly didn’t bookmark it and I can’t find it for the life of me. It was two guys who were down to Earth, talking casually. I have very limited memory but I remember one of the earlier episodes they were talking about how they originally got into the craft, and one was mentioning how whenever he takes a break it’s always Hekate who pulls him back in in some way. There was also something about his mom when he was a kid and what he believed to be Hekate being in one of his dreams.

I’m so sorry I know this is fragmented but it’s really all I can remember. The rub is that I think it was hosted on their personal site, which is making searching for it incredibly hard. I have a mental image of a brown or tan web page (like old dark paper) and a black box for the media player/description. I don’t think they had many site visitors or listeners and I’m worried it might become lost media. If anyone has any clues I’d love to hear them, thank you!💜

• iamthebighunt

Hi everyone! Please recommend online platforms for purchasing crystals at reasonable prices

• YogurtFruit0

What do you do in witchcraft and to what end?

• CuriousTornado765

Im kinda new here by the way. But is it possible if anyone here could cast and healing and protection spell on me? Or teach me how to do it.

• ILickedItNowIOwnIt

I’ve carried this question since I was a teenager, roughly 25ys ago. I’ve periodically looked for answers, but have never found one.

If a spirit tells you their name in a dream, but you can’t find that specific spirit anywhere, what kind of spirit is it? Or entity… What have you. Is it even a thing that exists?

I’m one of the few siblings who seems to have inherited dream prophesies I guess is an accurate description, from our Mother.

I had several different dreams as a kid where an owl like spirit would show up. These dreams always prophesied something catastrophic, and would come to pass, often involving actual, excessively violent and tragic deaths.

I was so terrified of it when I was a child, to a point where I was traumatized by owls for a few decades. One time, it spoke to me, and it was like hearing a voice from the land of the dead itself, but I’m unsure how to describe it better than that… It told me it’s name. I’m sure of the phonetics of it’s name, but unsure how to spell it. I don’t know if it’s ok to say the name, so I would just ask if it exists, even if I can’t seem to find records of this specific name?

I came to terms with a realization that it might not have been harmful. After the worst dream I’ve ever had with it present, I screamed at it to leave me alone… And, it seems that it did. It was a relief, until I understood that it never seemed to want to hurt me. It was a messenger and, perhaps a protector. Other people won’t listen to my warnings from it, and then the catastrophies would occur without fail.

I want to apologize to it for being foolish when I was a younger, and thank it for being my guide. I’m sure some of what it had shown me has saved my life and my children’s lives at times.

But I can’t find information on who exactly it is ,_, I can’t seem to connect with it. Bc of reasons, my family forced me to end any education regarding such things, and it has physically and spirituality slowly killing me since. It hurts. I want to be the person it seems I was meant to be, if that makes sense ,_, sorry if it seems silly…

Is there anything I can do, or is it a consequence I just have to live with for the rest of my life? Can a spirit specific to a person exist, and maybe that’s why I can’t find it anywhere? Is there any advice for me? Even if I’ve offended it so much it won’t come back, I feel like I owe it a formal apology for screaming at it as a child, and fearing it for so long v.v

I left out many details but I hope that is enough, and I appreciate all who read and consider. Thank you.

• Black_Roses11

How can I make my own sigils and what do I do with them ?

• J13P

I keep seeing 9-11 in various forms…for years now. 11 stands out more but I’m often seeing the combination enough to notice. It does not seem to happen around anything in particular for me to get what the message is, but does anyone know what those numbers may indicate or could point me in a direction of finding out? Not sure if either represent any particular deities or anything

• YogurtFruit0

How real is magic really, in your experience?

What purpose do you practice witchcraft for and how satisfied are you with the results? We’re you uncertain or skeptical at first? How does your perception of witchcraft differ now from when you started? Do you practice other magic things besides witchcraft such as alchemy, hypnosis, etc? Any big events that have happened in your practice? Like something undeniable, but maybe not repeatable or provable? Would you recommend witchcraft to a friend?

• Flashy_Change_5716

I did the cord cutting rituals tonight for me and my ex-boyfriend. I saw that his candle melted a little bit faster than mine and then the cord on his side burnt first. After a few minutes, the cord on my side burnt but the cord didn’t totally burn, it just fell. My candle melted fast before his candle, then when I put the paper that have spells, it burnt on his side first and faster than my side. When the paper was totally burnt, the flame of his candle died first. The flame at my side is still going on even though the paper was already ashes and my candle wick is gone. It takes 5 minutes for the flame to die on my side.

Can you tell me what does it mean?
    Thank you so much.

• Ishaladelacundala

Hey guys I’m really scared, I was cleaning with some sage I picked myself bc I’m from Colorado and my dad got super pissed and started banging on my door and like all mad for no reason, I don’t know if he went in my room when I left, my altar has Florida water and 2 potions on it as well if my parents when in with ill intention, would any of my spiritual tools be affected? Should I get new ones and carry them with me until I move out next month?

• Ano-Nomous1

I’m interested in manifestation. What are some easy methods?

• daddieslittleslutuwu

Any good ways to learn witchcraft and tarot reading I’m a baby witch and would love to learn but idk where to start

Page 1 of 2
Reply to: AutoModerator
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now