Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Magic, Witchcraft and Healing Weekly Beginner Q&A Thread – October 01, 2022

• Creator
    Discussion
  • #419698 Reply

Beginners and users new to reddit — please post your questions here!

Please be mindful and respectful of each other. This thread is designed to assist new practitioners in gaining knowledge to progress their craft, and a place for veterans to spread their knowledge.

Also check out the [r/witchcraft FAQ](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/wiki/faq).

• Weekly Beginner Q&A Thread – October 01, 2022

• botchorie

October 4, 2022 at 4:38 am

hello.

so my friend made me a love jar last december, but i think it turned my love life upside down. since i took it, my romantic interactions and anything romantic actually. it feels really weird to look at and honestly makes me feel anxious.

i dont know anything about witchcraft. he gave the jar to me after i broke up with my last girlfriend, told me it would help, somehow? he insisted i take it and i still have it.

it has some dried flowers, some weird leaves, cinnamon and and a paper with a weird symbol on it, and wax on the seal.

do i get rid of it or do i keep it? help please

• bunnie-hime

Anyone have any bdsm spells they can suggest to me? Specifically, I want a courage/confidence charm to give to my partner as he tries to work through his anxieties in learning to be a Dominant. He’s an incredible person and completely worthy of my trust and submission, so I want to design a charm that will make him feel confident, self assured and sexy as he experiments and goes out of his comfort zone.

Outside of that though, I’m also just really curious to hear about any other spells/practices people intertwine with their kink! I feel like I don’t see it referenced enough when it’s such a rich vein of opportunities.

• Mission_Assignment70

Hello,

So my gf and I have been together for almost a year now and she has cheated on me in the past with her ex who isn’t at all gay, doesn’t feel anything for my gf, and who just treated her like shit when they dated 3 years ago she kept cheating on my gf with multiple guys and was very manipulative and just crazy. And my gf and I moved on from that but recently she has thought about her and I was told the ex put a love binding spell on her although she just seeks my gf for attention, I need advice on any spell or witchcraft that could give me my revenge with the ex or give her bad luck or anything to get back at her for everything she’s done to homewreck my relationship and how whenever I told her shit about it she denied everything.

• WalkingCatoast

Hello, sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this please let me know where I should be if you know thanks. I’m newer to witch craft and had made some protective charms necklaces for some of my closest friends and my boyfriend at the time and was wondering if the charms effects would change or become bad after a breakup? Or if the charm would cease to work? I don’t know if the charms I make are based on the energy of the time of making or if they change and grow as time goes on. Thanks for any help I appreciate it!

• Wildling_Mama

Please, please help me!

To make a very long and complicated story as short as possible, I need help protecting myself/my space/my family from an insanely toxic mother in law. This woman caused me a lot of trauma during the birth of my first baby, has continuously spewed lies and hateful spiteful comments about me to anyone she comes into contact with to this day because she has a god-complex (refers to herself as “the queen” and quite literally has verbally attacked me saying “you silly little bitch, never fuck with the Queen” because I wouldn’t allow her to steal my baby from me like something straight out of rumplestillskin.)

To fast forward to my current situation, myself, my boyfriend (her son) and our 2 children have moved into the upper half of a home she bought until the housing market cools off. My gut instincts knew it was bad-news-bears from the moment she broke her news of buying the home to my boyfriend, and a lot of my intuitive concerns have come to light. Despite mine and my boyfriends concerns, it was really the only option for us to have more space since my 2nd baby was born in January, and where we were living was very very small. My MIL is in the process of renovating the lower half of the home into her zone. She’s gone back on previous agreements of placing walls in certain spots to truly separate the “apartments” to provide proper privacy, and quite literally only for the purpose of being spiteful and as an assertion of dominance. This woman has no empathy, emotional intelligence, manners or common courtesy… she’s manipulative, power-hungry, entitled, and only cares for herself to the degree that she’s even caused her own mother to have a mental breakdown recently. Recently she has amped up her rush to move in downstairs and it’s triggered severe PTSD and sent me into a constant fight or flight response. I have smudged my space with cedar while setting intentions of clearing our space and placing protection, after physically cleaning and sweeping to OCD perfection, followed by sprinkling salt along all windows and doorways repeating my intentions for protection. I did an egg cleanse on myself that came back showing an evil eye and also indicated that I was being talked badly about behind my back, etc and that I would probably need to cleanse myself several more times to clear those ties. I put salt and garlic over it and flushed it without looking at it. I then smudged myself. I also had a crow warn me (never had that happen before) roughly 10 minutes before she showed up without warning… I’ve meditated, used healing frequencies of sound, and regularly work with my crystals and ground myself outside in nature. Despite doing all I can think of/know of, I still can’t manage to re-center myself and still don’t feel cleansed/protected in my space.. what concerns me, is my MIL has a pyshic she has gone to regularly since my boyfriend was a kid… this “psychic” she sees has fed her narcissism and toxicity. telling her that her ex-husband (my boyfriends father) will die soon, the psychic has also told her of my childhood trauma by reading me through her which has been skewed by her having such negative thoughts about me and has only made her feel justified in her behavior towards me… at this point I have genuine concern that this mal-practicing psychic has aided her in some way with this evil eye thing and just overall causing such disruption to my inner peace. I am not the kind of person to want to “return to sender” or manifest any sort of ill-will back because I believe that will only manifest more negative energy in my life. But i’m at an absolute loss on how to purge and protect whatever black magic she’s had sent my way. I don’t believe she personally practices any sort of witchcraft but for all I know she keeps it in the broom closet. I want to block her pyschic from being able to access any bit of me, I’d love to very strongly ward her off from my personal space/half of the house, and give myself and my family some serious spiritual/mental/physical protection. I’m at my wits end, I’m a Libra and balance is very important to me, today is October first and I’ve spent all day cleaning and scrubbing every nook and cranny of my home space to prepare to re-smudge and protect my space again. I have asked my mother and sister for more crystals (specifically protection bearing crystals) for my birthday coming up to help add a stronger physical boundary around my space. Do any of you seasoned witches know of anything else I can do? I feel like my life force energy is being sucked out of me at a faster and faster rate within the last 2 weeks. I’ve made extra time for self care and trying to build up my energy to combat the soul sucking energy vampire that’s moving in rapidly below me, I need all the help I can get.

(Side note: My boyfriend is extremely supportive of me, my practices, and how his mother has caused trauma for many people in life and agrees on protecting ourselves and children from her. However he is still in the process of learning the degree of which she raised him in a Stockholm-syndrom-esque style and has a lot of healing and figuring out to do for himself. At the end of the day, it’s still his mother and I don’t expect him to cut complete ties with her unless he decides to out of his own free will. despite how she’s hurt me. I’ve been entirely civil, calm, and respectful in every interaction I’ve ever had with her, and will continue to do so for his sake. He is without a doubt my person, I love him dearly, and nothing like her. I just need to find ways to hold my own protection and boundaries strong and let karma do its own thing with her.)

• Artistic-Promotion-3

Healing spells for a friend in a vegetative state please.
    They plan to take her off life support this week.

• Living-Building-5593

Hello, I did my very first spell on Thurs and felt exhausted after. It was a strengthen friendship spell. But I also feel like there’s something pulling at my spine between my shoulders now, like a rope tugging at my spine. Sometimes it just feels like pressure, sometimes it pulls my whole spine and is rooted at my tailbone. Is this a chakra thing? It isn’t an unpleasant feeling. Quite welcome actually. I’m trying to find info of others with similar experiences and can’t find anything. Does this sort of thing happen?

• anonelephant33

Hello!

I’m brand new to Reddit and the idea of witchcraft outside of movies. I’m not sure if it’s for me yet but I’m very interested in learning! What are your favorite online sources of knowledge for beginners? Any blogs, YouTube channels, forums, etc. Thank you!

• yjscucumbers

Is the rainwater from hurricane Ian considered storm water or just rain water? There’s no lightning

• TpPokio

What’s the difference between Spiritual and Physical protection

• Laerion9

Hi! So I met this guy on month ago, and I immediately had a strong feeling with him. Some days ago he kissed me, and the following day he told me he’s not searching for a relationship but that he does not rule out the idea if we’ll start to have feelings for each other.

I think I fell pretty hard for him, and so I was looking for something that makes me understand what I really want, and also what he wants, and in case of some sort of feeling, push things that are meant to happen, happen faster.

Please note that I’m a guy too, and I’ve experience in witchcraft. I’m not searching for love spells that turns him into a confused puppet, and I’m not really into that type of magic . Thanks all!

• LeFrogBoy

Hey I just moved into a new house with my friends and they think the house is haunted. One of my friends grew up in the house and it’s only had one owner, nothing bad has really happened there, but some crazy shit happened in the neighbor’s house involving a suicide and whatnot. We occasionally hear footsteps when nobody’s there walking around, and the basement where I live has some very negative energy and my mental health has tanked since moving in even though it’s a way better living situation than before.

We don’t really know much about witchcraft or dealing with spirits or anything, beyond the basics. I plan to burn sage and run a circle of black salt around the house, but what else should we do to try and cleanse the house? Hoping to do the ritual tonight. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

• MarshmallowPuffen

Can a witch worship multiple pantheons?
    Can you mix God’s?

• mary_llynn

I would love to learn recognising trees and plants. Since starting practicing I feel bad for not knowing what kind of trees are on my local park, it’s like not knowing the name of a friend who you’ve known for years. How do you manage?

Also, my altar space is quite small, I keep it as tidy and clear as posstbut I just have an IKEA single cube (kallax) as altar so can’t fit too many things: once I have the goddes statue, candle, elemental stones, incense I don’t have much room left. Today I was trying to use a specific offer platter and realised nope, I need something smaller or it needs to go on the floor, if it goes on the floor would that be a problem? In my head it gets the earth energy that way so can’t be bad but I am not sure so any experienced advice would be so welcome!

Ps: made my first besom today with twigs gathered from the park. I went back and thanked the trees for the materials. The bristles are pine but I Would love to know what the stick is too. I picked too, somehow I felt more drawn to this.

• Open_YardBox

So, I am a beginner in every sense of the word. I’ve had claircognizance since I can remember, but in my 20s I started predicting phone calls and deaths. It was unprompted and freaked me out so I buried it deeply. Some years later I got into crystals, wanting to reconnect with that ability and understand it. I ended up having a clear quartz necklace that started independently moving… and it was witnessed. I *freaked out* as it happened a few times when I was alone and rationalized it away.

I guess I’m at a point where I want to revisit my abilities. Understand them, control them. I have no idea where to start safely… help?

Page 1 of 2
Reply to: AutoModerator
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now