Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Magic, Witchcraft and Healing Weekly Q&A Thread – February 05, 2022

• Creator
    Discussion
  • #320523 Reply

Beginners and users new to reddit — please post your questions here!

Please be mindful and respectful of each other. This thread is designed to assist new practitioners in gaining knowledge to progress their craft, and a place for veterans to spread their knowledge.

Also check out the [r/witchcraft FAQ](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/wiki/faq).

• Weekly Q&A Thread – February 05, 2022

• ChaoticNSilent

February 10, 2022 at 11:33 pm

Hi! New to the community and I have a question. Everywhere I look, I am being told to do “what feels right to me” and to “use materials that I see fit”. With this logic, wouldn’t I be able to make any spell I wanted by simply pairing the relevant materials? Or is it a must to use only existing spells whenever possible?

Also, do all spells require materials? I would imagine that in a pinch, enough intention would suffice, no?

• oknoita

How can I cleanse the house from bad energy after a mean relatives came to stay?

My partner’s brother recently stayed with us for 6 months. He’s horrible to me and it made the whole house feel different – my private, safe home was filled with tension and negative energy.

Now he has moved out and I want to make my home feel like a safe and comfortable environment again. How can I cleanse the place from his presence and erase him from my home?

• coconoswal02

Hello, I joined Reddit because I was having difficulty finding this answer through research. I’m a baby witch still, with only a couple of years under my belt. I want to preface my question with the fact that I have nothing but respect for other people’s cultures and I try to avoid appropriating at all times. Is poppet Magic a closed practice? I was reading a book recently that suggested making one for self love and self trauma healing purposes. I read that poppets and cloth dolls are in present in several cultures ranging from European to west African. Given the purpose I would be using it for, is it closed? Thanks so much.

• NonBinaryMess101

Hey, I recently made an altar in my bedroom and was really happy about it, but my mum found it and wasn’t happy. She told me to get rid of it and I have but I’ve kept all the stuff so I am able to make another altar later on. I really want to get into witchcraft but I know my parents won’t be happy if they find me doing spells, so does anyone have any tips on how to hide my altar or how to do spells without them knowing?

• tiredaf81

I did a candle spell to break the bond from my abusive husband. I’ll be moving soon and I dont want him to follow. The candle that represents me is still standing. The cord burned and wrapped around his candle and took his completely down to a puddle

• VanillaHorizon

I’ve recently got new neighbors and since they moved in there have been some pretty bad vibes (their chicken coop caught ablaze at five in the morning about two weeks ago where none of her chickens survived, coyotes attacked and killed a dozen of the sheep in the fields behind our houses, my other neighbor had an accident at work and got his foot broken) I know it’s probably nothing so serious as a curse, but does anyone have any suggestions what I can do to curb these vibes?

Note: I’ve already invested in new candles to work with that and incenses, but maybe there’s more I could do that I don’t know about. Any advice is appreciated.

• Phyliica

Hi! I want to consider myself as a baby witch but I’ve never tried to cast a spell. Because I didn’t feel ready for this so I was just trying to learn till I’m ready to start. Because it feels safer. But I want to do something to help my boyfriend, so I need you to tell me a spell briefly. My boyfriend is having a hard time for a long time. I don’t believe that every bad thing ever happened to him can be a coincidence. His health, relationship with his family, his job and also his mental state… Everything is bad and I have never seen him in a lucky situation for three years. I want to do something about this cause I’m really tired of seeing him that desperate. Please tell me a spell to fix this situation… 🥺💜

• AutoModerator

Hi, u/AutoModerator ! Thanks for posting! Please don’t forget to check out the sub’s [FAQ and Wiki](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/wiki/faq), [Rules](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/wiki/rules), and [Weekly Q&A thread](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/about/sticky?num=1) which is stickied to the top of the board.

Relevant Mod Posts:
    – [Rule 1](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/comments/q0jhdn/board_policy_rule_1_quality_and_content_of_posts/)
    – Rule 3 [Cultural Appropriation | Closed Practices](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/comments/q21f0h/rule_3_closed_practices_cultural_appropriation/) | [Threefold Law](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/comments/rz8hk2/rule_3_and_the_threefold_law/)
    – [Rule 6](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/comments/rrsw4k/rule_6_change_seek_professional_services_first/)
    – [Rule 7](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/comments/qfxpn5/rule_7_no_paid_services_snake_oil_salesman_rule/)

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/witchcraft) if you have any questions or concerns.*

[deleted by user]
    by inwitchcraft

• sandblassst

Hi, total newbie to the craft here so would love some guidance.

I’ve always felt a deep connection with the earth, its energies and its healing abilities, physically, mentally and spiritually and would love to explore the craft that centres around these ideas. I’m not able to spend ££ at all at the moment, found myself in a place I never thought I would but trying to make the best out of a bad situation and I think finally, after years of wanting to, learning more on this will be an amazing, fresh start.

Any advice and guidance appreciated. 🥰 I have already checked out the FAQ of this thread.

• theconfusedone999

Is there any discord server?

• lavenderghost0

Hey guys, I’m a baby witch and still have much to learn but have been practicing for almost a year now and have done a fair few spells like protection and luck and things like that however there is someone in my sisters life that is extremely toxic and causing her and the rest of the family a lot of distress, she doesn’t practice or know very much about witchcraft at all but I would like to do a banishment spell or a hex that wouldn’t cause physical harm to this person but because I haven’t done one before I need some advice on which spell I could do and some indications and ingredients I should use, and above all some advice on how to keep myself safe when doing this kind of spell work.

• rob-bie21

My fiancé is across the country, he has been for a while, and i can tell the distance is getting to him. we’ve been each other’s family for the last two years and i can tell he’s homesick. he’s having negative thoughts and i can tell the work he’s doing out there is taking a huge toll on him. any spell jars to help with this for him? this is the only thing i can do until i move out there so any help is appreciated ! love you and thank you 🙂

• CryptographerNew5020

Hello! I’ve just started doing some light rituals on the new and full moons, but I haven’t cast any protection spells yet. I don’t feel like I know enough to get them right yet, but I’m still worried about accidentally poking something I’m not ready to mess with yet. Is my fear legitimate?

• lol33666

I did a love spell on my ex so she’ll return to me and she hasn’t made any progress this spell took place I believe 3 months ago the spell was supposed work in three days. The spell was called spell to get an ex back. I have been thinking of my ex, not just for a couple of days but weeks or months. We didn’t end things right. The short story is she left and I tried reaching out but she’ll ignore me until she told me( very seriously )to leave her alone. Which I did. ( that’s when I did the spell )Haven’t talked ever since. She’s in my dreams almost every night I think of her everyday. Is it the universe telling me to try again or is it just my mind?

• yjscucumbers

What are some small changes that I can make to my everyday routine (witchcraft related) that’ll help me with my craft?

Page 1 of 2
Reply to: AutoModerator
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now