Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Magic, Witchcraft and Healing Weekly Q&A Thread – October 30, 2021

• Creator
    Discussion
  • #255958 Reply

mark
    Participant

Beginners and users new to reddit — please post your questions here!

Please be mindful and respectful of each other. This thread is designed to assist new practitioners in gaining knowledge to progress their craft, and a place for veteran spread their knowledge.

Also check out the [r/witchcraft FAQ](https://www.reddit.com/r/witchcraft/wiki/faq).

• Weekly Q&A Thread – October 30, 2021

• AFWE_Witch

November 1, 2021 at 10:15 am

My cat drank most of the water I left out as part of my offering last night. Am I to assume she needs to be treated like even more of a goddess than she is already? Maybe she’s channeling some ancestors who want to send some hugs my way. She *was* uncharacteristically lovey late last night. I’m going to go with that I think. 🙂

(Mostly kidding – I just thought it was funny and wanted to share it *somewhere* and this seemed like an okay spot to put it. Of course please delete if it’s bending the thread rules too much.)

• Gloomy-Ad3258

On Samhain I cast a circle, meditated, did a spell and tried to speak to my ancestors. It went calmly and I felt at peace. I closed the circle and shortly after , a carton of nearly empty juice fell on the floor from a table ( windows were all closed so can’t be the wind). I asked to be left in peace as I thought it was trying to get my attention. Put salt around the doorways.

I went to bed as usual but woke at 4am with a huge ringing in my ears and the feeling of someone watching me, I turned to look and my partner seemed to be having a nightmare and grinding his teeth. I tried to sleep but it was difficult, and I felt nauseous. I woke up feeling absolutely drained after some strange dreams.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else? Was it not my ancestors I may have been speaking with and shall I do a banishing or try to listen to that certain someone? I’m not too keen on speaking to anyone but family at the moment.

I left an offering for my great grandmothers ( pumpkin, hazelnut and chocolate bread), I’m just worried I may have been talking to someone else. Although the cards pulled were trust, love and focus …

Any insight? Thank you in advance and my love to all💜

• jona0210

Hi everyone,so back in the Victorian era there was this superstition that when you look in the mirror at 12 o’clock you would see the face of your future husband or wife,
    I wanted to see mine but the problem is they said it would only work on Halloween I was suppose to do it but then I have forgotten about when Halloween was I thought it was on November 1 but then it was late when I realised that November 1 was ‘all souls day’ it’s already November 1 ( in my country we don’t celebrate Halloween or maybe just in my town,but we don’t)
    So I just wanted to ask if it’s still another way to know who my future husband is,I know I am very impatient.

• Pierrot-lover

Hi, I’m looking for a spell that would either make someone understanding and able to feel/ love me again or a spell to bring back my ex-lover.. I’m willing to do anything, I usually stay away from these things but I’m at my last straw and can’t live without them.. I won’t go too deep into it but we were discussing marriage and being together forever, I was even asked to give my blood as a way of proving my love.. when I did so the following week came with bad luck, they wouldn’t speak to me much and seemed angry at me then the following week.. they were with someone new, i was with this person for more than a decade and they wouldn’t display our love anywhere but for this new person they are.. I really love them.. This is probably karma from about a couple of years ago, this person wouldn’t allow me to have friends and I went behind their back.. it made their trust in me go down..but those friends ended up being bad and telling me to kill myself etc..they always told me that obsession towards them is something they want me to express and feel and I fell so hard , I’m crazy about them. I paid for what I did in the past, I don’t have any friends or anyone to talk to, I don’t understand why this karma keeps coming to me.. please help me, I tried other spells and I’m desperate and to the point of ending my life

I need a spell that will help this person stop being stubborn and speak to me about what’s wrong or a spell to make our love become what it once was..I’m so confused and hurt

• [deleted]

[removed]

• Disastrous-Many-9117

Questions about Hot Foot Powder.

Hi everyone! I’m currently embracing a new path and purchased some hot foot powder. I’m trying to leave a narcissist that this very codependent.

I can sprinkle some hot foot powder in their work shoes. But the more I read about using the powder it mentions to step backward in odd numbers, while saying the Intention, to not look back when you turn around to walk straight. But his shoes are at the front door, which I face to see the Tv.

Can I put my intention then sprinkle it and walk away like normal? Or will I be using the powder incorrectly?

• reaperXD024

I was also wondering. Could a witch have a familiar? If so, does ur familiar have to be assigned to you or something like that?? Can it be any animal? Also, I want to start doing witchcraft. Where should I start? I have a spell book that I’ve never used before. And my sister is kind of getting into the craft.

• reaperXD024

Happy Samhain to all of you guys!

• urmomsfavemediator

So my candle is being very weird

hey! so i was meditating and focusing on a candle and it was dancing before but it started like circling you could say? it looked like a compass like the flame was burning to the side and when i put my finger next to it and moved my finger the flame started moving and it looked like when a compass spins around. any thoughts? also the candle was burning white not the usual orange-y color

• doglovingalien

Books, information, and a little backstory

I’m looking for informational books about magic and metaphysical concepts. The only issue I’ve had is im not wiccan. I’ve been i practitioner for about 3 years but I was in the broom closet, eventually I really wanted to be truthful with my parents and they were not happy with it. I was forced to stop with my research and most of my favorite things about my practice. Eventually I wasn’t enthusiastic about it anymore and slowly stopped. I’ve moved out, and I want to get back into my groove again but I don’t want to have to sort out wiccan beliefs. (I don’t hate wicca or anything, its just not my style)

• SnooPredictions5165

Crystals or items for lust and sex?
    Mostly out of curiosity, are there any crystals/items that symbolize or boost lust and sex? I’ve been seeing things around social media and am just wondering if it’s true, sounds pretty interesting.

• Tall_Dog1668

I hope this is an okay question to ask but I’ve been trying to find my retainers for a few days now. I usually always keep them with me and they’re either in my purse wrapped up or in my bathroom. I looked in my purse one day during school and they were just gone. And I’m pretty sure I had them at least at the beginning of the week.

Is there any spell to find lost things? I really don’t want to end up having my parents or myself to pay for replacements. Thank you so much!

• ThatxWitchxBitch

Deities and Guides

When first starting your craft, how did you go about figuring out who they are? I’ve done guided meditations, where I’ve gotten a particular name of a deity, whom has shown me SEVERAL signs. However, with my guides- I can feel the presence of one particular spirit, but have not gotten a name/visual/solid communication.

Also, I have a deity I really want to work with! I am planning on setting up a candle to attempt to communicate, as well as offerings of some of their favorites. Is there any other advice for reaching out to a particular deity?

Thanks guys!

• OhShinyRock

Hey I’m kinda new to using candle magick and have a few questions. So I know you can anoint the candle with oil, sprinkle herbs on, and put salt around it to protect it. But what do I do with the working once it’s done? Do I just throw it away?

• searchingforwind

Those who believe in reincarnation: Do you/ how do you honor or work with your ancestors?

When it came time to honoring, asking for guidance, etc. from my ancestors today, this quandary dawned on me!

How do those of you who believe in reincarnation approach honoring your ancestors, spirit work, etc.? This should be a fascinating conversation! 😄

Page 1 of 2
Reply to: mark
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now