Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Tarot “Weekly Reading and Interpretation Help Thread – January 11, 2021”

• Creator
    Discussion
  • #16523 Reply

Jessica
    Participant

Please use this thread to request a reading, to request help with interpretation, or to offer free readings. This thread is refreshed every Sunday.

If you are requesting help with interpretation, please comment using the following format:

* The question(s) you’re asking, with any context you would like to share.

* An explanation of the spread you’re using. Diagrams or links are welcome.

* A photo or description of the cards you dealt. You can upload photos via imgur, or another hosting service.

* Your interpretation.

If someone helps you, consider giving them some feedback or thanking them for their work!

• “Weekly Reading and Interpretation Help Thread – January 11, 2021”

currently-existing updated 3 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 44 Replies
  • woowooshitthrowaway

February 8, 2021 at 3:58 pm

https://i.imgur.com/jLVVWnm.jpg

Asked if I should make love a priority. Each card is being clarified by the card on the bottom… I think this is a solid no lol

• [deleted]

[deleted]

• disloyal-order

I’ve recently been having a rocky relationship with one of my friends. We have a cycle of being fine for a long time and then having a bit of trouble leading to hurt feelings. So I did a three card spread for situation, obstacle, and advice. I also did a clarifying card for the advice. I understand the situation and obstacle but can’t parse the advice cards.

Situation: Reversed Two of Wands

Obstacle: Reversed Chariot

Advice: Queen of Wands. Clarifying card: Reversed Eight of Pentacles.

• each_regrets

Hello! I did a 5 card reading regarding my current relationship as I feel at a crossroads. I’m struggling to interpret well, as I don’t think I want to really see.

1. Action – The Tower:. We are both prideful people, but it’s heading to disaster as I’m starting to build resentment.
    2. Support – king of wands: I don’t know how to interpret this in relation to me. I’m having a hard time with the big picture. I’m in a place where I can’t see the forest for the trees.
    3. What I’ll gain from the change – The world: I think I need to make a change that’ll lead me to happiness. I worry too much to follow my own heart, but I’d be happy if I did.
    4. What i need to let go of – The chariot: I like to be in control of the situation, but that’s not always possible. I’d be happier letting go and seeking happiness. Instead of holding on to what is comfortable.
    5. Higher guidance – High Priestess: Deep down I know what I should do. But I’m not sure I want to do it.

• le00nard00

Hello! I’m kinda new to tarot, so I’m asking you for help. I have some experience with angel tarot but recently I got these classic tarot cards and I don’t know much about it.
    So I’ve been talking to the universe/or whoever heard me, asking for some help about a situation I can’t get over. Asking what to do, what will come in the future. As I was shuffling the deck, these three cards (nine of swords, seven of swords and reversed page of wands) fell off. The first one (nine of swords) resonated with me cause I was literally ‘crying’ in bed. However, I tried to read something about these cards and it was mostly negative things? What should I think about it? What’s the meaning of these cards? I was asking for help but all I feel from these cards is more fear… Thank you so much for your help!

• Successful-Carrot-11

Hello! I’d like a reading, but I don’t have a specific question…just a general sense of feeling lost and down. Where could I ask for a reading about this? Thank you <3

• brokentoothheart

Hi! Is anyone able to do a reading for me regarding my love life please? Thanks

• nturnonna

Hi all, looking for a second opinion/ advice on my interpretation as a newbie! I’ve had my deck (modern witch by Lisa Sterle) for a few weeks now and have just been getting used to it, and reading up on the meanings of the cards. Today was my first time laying a spread, and I chose a simple 4 card spread on Past, Present, Future and Advice. Here’s what I pulled and my interpretation:

1. Past – **Strength** – This to me made so much sense as this past year I’ve undergone major changes in my life, like ending a long term relationship, driving several thousand miles to uproot my life in another country and overcoming several difficult times at work. I’ve interpreted the card as recognising all the difficult decisions I’ve had to make to become who I am now. Which also leads me to the second card.

2. Present – **Reversed Eight of Coins** – Admittedly, this one through me a bit in the beginning. I interpreted it as perhaps giving too much attention to work, but then I did some reading on the reversed meaning of this card. One of the interpretations was self-development, which really makes sense a) given all the self-development I’ve gone through in the last year, but I’m also on this new wellness (both spiritual and mental) journey. I’m wondering if that is what the card is alluding to?

3. Future – **Eight of Wands** – I thought it was really interesting that this was the card for the future. I think it represents the long road still ahead of me, and as I’ve made difficult decisions in the past, I will need to continue steadfast on this journey I’m on.

4. Advice – **Nine of Wands** – At first I was a bit bummed out and thought I hadn’t shuffled the deck properly to have 8 and 9 of wands one after the other, but now I’m thinking of it as they didn’t want to be separated because of the message they wanted to give, especially in the context of the whole spread. My interpretation of this card is that in this journey I am on there will still be need for me to tap into that strength I’ve shown in the past, and that the road ahead will not be smooth sailing. I almost feel this spread is like a cycle, one that I’m so close to completing, but still have major things to get through. I need the determination, self-improvement and resilience to be able to complete it.

Appreciate any comments/thoughts/ advice anyone can spare. As a newbie I’d love to hear a second opinion!

• justclau_

Anyone up for exchanging readings? Reach to me 🙂

• ZirconEleven

Interpretation help, please and thanks!

There’s a job posting I’m deciding if I should apply for. The pay is higher, but the commute is longer, and it’s a temporary position. What would happen if I took this job?

Eight of cups, Strength, Ten of cups reversed

I’d be walking away from my current job. It would take strength and courage. It’s not going to be a good fit?

• zeropointchoirgirl

I’m currently taking both tarot and oracle readings. Donations are optional.

• Lucky_Meringue2753

What do you need to hear right now? I will pull a card for you to answer this question. Please send me a chat if you’re interested 🙂

• LaZeeeeeeeee

Hit me up if you’re up for an exchange

• punapearebane

Hello! I just asked for a message from my guides And got – king of pentacles, Justice And wheel of fortune. Im reading that justice Will be served financially or with a man who is financially stable And it is fate. Can someone confirm?

• imjustwhateverdafk

Okay, so I’m pretty new to this… first physical deck, Cat Tarot, arrived yesterday. Before then, I was doing some readings using Labyrinthos.

Edit: I apologize for the formatting, and also I should link what the cards in the Mandala Spread indicate.

1. Your Self Overall
    2. Your Ambitions, Desires and Primal Urges
    3. Your Ideals, Goals, Path to Spiritual Contentment
    4. Your Real Accomplishments and True Path
    5. Your Dependencies, Addictions and Erroneous Values
    6. Your Strengths and Positive Personality Traits
    7. Your Faults and Weaknesses
    8. Your Self Awareness and Self-Image
    9. Your Desires, and Higher Purpose

I know that it’s generally advised to do one card or 3 card spreads at the beginning, but I felt compelled to do a 9 card spread using the Mandala Spread.

My question going in was “What should I work to change about myself?” I will detail any impressions I had which I wrote down in my journal plus anymore I think of as I’m typing this out.

1. Ace of Cups. This is the start of a new chapter in my life. Last week, I started uni online… something I thought I’d never do. This is also the beginning of a new year and a time to start things with a fresh mindset.
    2. Ace of Pentacles, reversed. I believe this signals a lack of connection to a desire to be financially stable. I’m so worried about the steps I can take to bring myself monetary value that I forget to cherish what I have and be grateful that I have anything at all. Also… technically speaking, I am broke AF, so this card could just be calling that out…
    3. King of Swords, reversed. My hunch is that this card reflects a lack of connection to a desire to lead myself and others who allow with composure and dignity. It may have also appeared due to feeling out of control lately.
    4. 3 of CupsThree… it’s certainly a number I’ve been drawn to. In a way, I feel like 3 is perfection and solidifies the connection between Mind, Body, and Spirit. There seems to be a joyful overabundance connected to this card. Perhaps, even if I don’t always realize it, these cups symbolize my current desire to fill up my cups with new things… things to experience and learn.
    5. 3 of Pentacles, reversed. I’m taking up too much time accessing how to complete a task. Too much thinking fries the brain making it difficult to use critical thinking skills when the time is necessary. It pains a part of me to write this, but not everything needs to be put under a rigorous microscope. Some things just are, and some things are better left untouched. Not every thought or feeling has to go through mental gymnastics.
    6. Queen of Swords, reversed. I’m not being honest with myself about how far I’ve come. Like the Queen Cat wallowing on the couch, I’ve too long been stuck in a loop of unhelpful self-analysis. This analysis is less like analysis and more like straight-up attacks…
    7. 10 of Pentacles, reversedCommunication issues. I isolate myself like a lone cat. I feel frequently misunderstood, especially by elders. But, maybe it’s me who misunderstands everyone else.
    8. 4 of Cups. An excerpt from this deck’s guidebook says, “Ever wonder if you’re legitimately bored and restless or if you should be content with what’s in front of you?” Wow… do I feel attacked. I’ll admit… I’ve taken to some not so healthy activities to alleviate “boredom” or whatever this is… Also.. choices… omfg there’s an infinite amount of choices. I’d have to go through an extraordinary amount of lifetimes just to make them all. Perhaps I’m struggling to balance myself between thinking too broadly and too narrowly. Actually, yes… I am. I need balance within.
    9. 5 of Cups. Universe is compelling me to write that perhaps this card showing up as a higher desire or deeper purpose signifies a desire to heal from grief… from that which I’ve lost and remember that not all is gone. Parts are still salvageable and can be reborn anew.

The answer to the question I asked last night didn’t hit me until tonight. But, it’s something as simple as “You need to change how you view yourself.” Now, this is nothing new. I’ve been told this many times before, but typically… I scoff at anyone telling me this… But now it’s like this spread says “NO… you REALLY need to change how you view yourself especially if you want to be happy and feel more balanced. And yes, you get to pick what happiness means to you.”

But Doubt compels me to seek Reassurance about that interpretation.

I also did another reading earlier this evening using a 3 card spread asking, “What should I be aware of?”

1. King of Pentacles.
    2. The Hierophant, reversed
    3. The World, reversed.

Immediately, I was taken aback by the last card and wrote this:

I’m astonished. What are the chances that the last card in this reading and the one from last night both indicate themes of grief, closure, and moving on? I shuffled the deck at least 9 times before reading… and cleansed it, too.

Then, I felt like I was being told, “You need to be EXTRA aware of the message in yesterday’s cards.”

At that time, I felt compelled to ask “Am I seeking closure?” Yes. That much is obvious. Then, I reshuffle and ask, “What am I seeking closure from?”

When shuffling for this question, I had 2 jumpers. I also reshuffled as I was about to pull the 3rd card because I saw it… Death.. and that answer seemed way too obvious. Because I have experienced the death of a parent within the last 3 years… No, that’s too obvious. I’m seeking closure for something I’m not yet aware of.

1. Wheel of Fortune, reversed. The imagery of this card in this deck features and water bowl at the bottom when turned upright. But, in reverse, that water will fall out… unstable.
    2. Ace of Swords. The imagery of this card reminds me of that gif of a cat filing its nails. There’s a human, holding the cat and trimming its claws. To me, the cat in both images looks impatient and possibly bored.
    3. Queen of Wands, reversed. The upright imagery in this card features a cat holding a toy napping on a pad by the fireplace. The imagery is very cozy… But this is reversed… the coziness is missing. Things are in disarray.

I’ve still yet to find an answer to “What am I seeking closure from?” from the last 3 cards.

But, it feels like tonight’s reading and last night’s reading are connected… Like they’re all relative in some way. Why else would 2 cards in the last position about the same themes show up even after I cleansed the deck and shuffled it so many times that my hands began to hurt?

Might seem a bit overkill, but I like shuffling in sets of 3 until it feels right.

I realize this is really long, but if anyone read this far… thank you.

Page 1 of 3
Reply to: Jessica
Your information:

Cancel
Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now